The Sociology Video Project
Curated by Katherine Bischoping and involving many reviewers, this is a resource for identifying films that are of use in Sociology courses. Pleases visit the Sociology Video Project website.
CSA Indigeneity and Sociology Resource Guide
These Teaching Resources have been collected for Course Directors and TAs as a result of a 2013 YUFA Teaching & Learning Development Grant awarded to Deborah Davidson, Debra Brock, Amber Gazso and Kalina Grewal's project entitled 'Engaging Sociology: Enhancing the Experience of Students in AP/SOCI 1010 6.0, Introduction to Sociology'. Please note that the resources are also useful for courses other than 1010. Thanks to Jennie Haw for her assistance in this project.
- Critical Reading (PDF)
- Thinking and Writing (PDF)
- Soci 1010: Popular Media Articles (PDF)
- Soci 1010: Online Resources (PDF)
- Soci 1010: Preliminary Bibliography (PDF)
- TA Resources (PDF)
- TA Feedback Manual (UVic) (PDF)
- TA Guide to Icebreakers (UVic) (PDF)
- TA Icebreaker (U of Toronto) (PDF)
- Writing Sociological Papers (PDF)