The Sociology Video Project
Curated by Katherine Bischoping and involving many reviewers, this is a resource for identifying films that are of use in Sociology courses. Pleases visit the Sociology Video Project website.
These Teaching Resources have been collected for Course Directors and TAs as a result of a 2013 YUFA Teaching & Learning Development Grant awarded to Deborah Davidson, Debra Brock, Amber Gazso and Kalina Grewal's project entitled 'Engaging Sociology: Enhancing the Experience of Students in AP/SOCI 1010 6.0, Introduction to Sociology'. Please note that the resources are also useful for courses other than 1010. Thanks to Jennie Haw for her assistance in this project.
- Critical Reading (PDF)
- Thinking and Writing (PDF)
- Soci 1010: Popular Media Articles (PDF)
- Soci 1010: Online Resources (PDF)
- Soci 1010: Preliminary Bibliography (PDF)
- TA Resources (PDF)
- TA Feedback Manual (UVic) (PDF)
- TA Guide to Icebreakers (UVic) (PDF)
- TA Icebreaker (U of Toronto) (PDF)
- Writing Sociological Papers (PDF)