We offer a broad-based curriculum that specializes in Global Sociology, Cultural and Political Sociology, Social Inequality, Theory, and Methods. This prepares students for the labour market, professional schools such as law, social work, or teacher's college, and graduate school in sociology and in other social science disciplines. Students can choose from a range of degree options, including a Specialized Honours BA, Honours BA, Honours Double Major, Honours Major/Minor, Honours Minor and a BA Program.
Highlights of the Undergraduate Program
- Dedicated, knowledgeable faculty/staff to supply academic advising
- Diversity of course choice
- Small group tutorials
- Student diversity brings an array of ideas and experiences to discussions
- Teaching by dedicated faculty with national/international reputation
- Active Sociology Undergraduate Students Association (SUSA), whose representatives are integral to the Department's Curriculum Committee, the Teaching and Learning Committee as well as Appointments Committee.
Our students learn...
- critical thinking and writing skills
- advanced analytical skills
- practical research skills such as in-depth interviewing and focus groups, statistical survey methods, archival research and content analysis
- social inquiry skills that enable students to understand social problems and their effects
- solid foundation for graduate studies
The dedicated staff in the undergraduate program office and the award-winning Sociology Undergraduate Student Association (SUSA) complement our dynamic and comprehensive curriculum.
Students are encouraged to meet with our Undergraduate Program Director with their questions on the program.